Saturday, May 25, 2013

Hop Til You Drop PC Beta

So I got around to getting the beta PC version of Hop Til You Drop up on IndieDB. That was really awesome. However, I found quickly that some people were having trouble playing the game after install. It would crash for them on certain screens. Naturally I was trying to debug into the client and couldn't find anything there (well, that's somewhat of a lie, more on that later). It was working fine for me on my laptop so I couldn't reproduce it either. So I thought maybe it has to do something with a new user being registered on the server. I looked on the server and found the problem, there were times when a new user registration was failing and the client wasn't getting back proper data.

First order of business on the next update is make the client more fault tolerant when it comes to the server being down etc.

Anyway, if you want to check the beta you can head on over to IndieDB or you can use the widget to the right.

No comments: