Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Hop Til You Drop Updates

So the new update for Hop Til You Drop is ready. The PC version is updated on IndieDB and can be downloaded from the link on the right and the XBLIG version will be submitted tomorrow (that's the earliest I can do it). The new update includes a number of additions and changes:

  • New gameplay mode Time Attack. You get one minute to score as much as you can. Deaths subtract 200 points from your score but you respawn instantly
  • New Characters
  • New gameplay mechanic. Whenever you are jumping and come close to an obstacle time will slow down and you get bonus points. It's a nice risk vs reward system.
  • Faster restarts. Whenever you die you can instantly restart a game, choose a new character, or exit to the main menu

I'm pretty happy with the new update. In other news I've been looking over distribution options for the PC version. I'm going to try out IndieCity first and and maybe Sellbox for hosting on the blog. I would love to get it on Desura but not sure if I'll be able to. I've also updated the leaderboard to not look so terrible. You can see it on the right hand side.

Happy Hopping!

No comments: